Wednesday 7 December 2016

Morning Message Sight Words

I just wanted to share a very proud moment... your children have been working very hard on their letter and sound recognition, as well as learning to recognize sight words. I am so proud of the learning and exploring that I'm observing! We have been doing our Morning Message with some blanks that the children need to help me fill in, using sight words off a chart on our board, and they are doing a great job! Everyone seems to want to try and when they get stuck I've noticed how some of them (especially the SK students) are trying to use the letter sounds to help problem solve. We've also been working on a letter a day and I am amazed at the amount of 'homework' that has been coming in! When we work on our letter of the day, we try to come up with as many words as we can that start with that letter by hunting around the room, looking through books and group brainstorms. I always say to the children "for homework look around your house too and tell me what you found in the morning", and now I have many students bringing me in letters, words and pictures that they've done at home. I love it! Keep up the great practice!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is a great picture of Viktor looking at our sight word chart trying to problem solve which word goes in each blank space.
 
 
 
 
Here's a great picture of Nicolas and Alessia trying to read through the sentence to problem solve which word fits in the blank space.
 
 
 
 
Here's a great picture of Maryn and Niklas helping each other out while looking at the sight word charts, trying to problem solve the blank spaces.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment